Prelude to a food coma: how to best enjoy your buffet breakfast at Balay Dako.
1. Go for Balut! It's good for you! 2 pieces should be fine. 4-6 pieces is a heart attack in the making.
2. You gotta have some of that pan de sal with kesong puti and muscovado sugar. Have it toasted for best results!
3. Have some champorado and arroz caldo. Garnish them to your heart's content.
4. The piaya? Balay Dako makes their own. So fresh, so good.
5. Leave some room in your tummy for the kakanin station.
6. Other great stuff to have: ginataan, the corned beef, taho, and puto bumbong.
7. Remember: while you can make your own fried rice as well as your own omelettes however way you like, you can easily just go and grab some ready garlic rice or regular eggs if you can't wait for your talangka sinangang.
9. Your buffet comes with coffee and drinks. Ask for a larger glass for your fresh juices/iced tea. You're welcome.
In and Around Tagaytay
My wife and I decided to remove ourselves from Metro Manila and instead settle down in Amadeo, Cavite, a small town just outside Tagaytay, in uplands Cavite.
Living in the Tagaytay countryside does have its advantages: we enjoy a relatively lower cost of living, we got cleaner air and cooler weather, we have access to fresh produce for cheap, and we don't have to deal with the daily grind of Metro Manila traffic and pollution.
So if you wanna follow our little misadventures in and around Tagaytay, check out this collection of posts on my site.
More Stuff on Renzie Baluyut Online
Have a look at some of my other posts: throughout the years, I've covered a number of topics ranging from business- and work-related stuff to more leisurely bits on travel or what I do on my spare time.
Click on one of the topics below for more:
Renzie on Instagram
Connect with me on Instagram, and hit me up for projects, tie-ups, collaborations, or if you'd like to reach out and start a conversation.
My feed is currently filled with stuff I do outside work (as my different work projects have their own respective Instagram accounts!)-- from stuff I watch, stuff I read, or stuff I eat.
Lately though, my feed has been seeing a lot more baby pictures. Hooray, first-time parenthood!