Quick note: San Antonio de Padua Church is located in Silang, Cavite. Silang is a town just outside Tagaytay City. This was an article I wrote for the wedding resource website Country Weddings Philippines, on the subject matter of churches in and around Tagaytay.
Among the Catholic churches in Cavite, particularly near or around Tagaytay City, that have become popular wedding venues, one up-and-rising star is the quaint “little” church of San Antonio de Padua Quasi-Parish in Barangay Pooc, Silang.
St. Anthony of Padua, also known as Anthony of Lisbon, was a Portuguese Catholic priest and St. Francis of Assisi’s most celebrated follower. He was canonized barely a year after his death at the age of 35. He is famously known as the patron of lost articles, with his feast day celebrated on June 13. He is often featured with the Christ Child as it is said that this is how Jesus appeared to him.
To get there, one has to take note of the road sign going to Silang, about a couple of kilometers past the Philippine National Police Academy (if coming from the direction of Manila) along Sta. Rosa-Tagaytay road.
(from WeddingsInThe Philippines.com)
How To Get To San Antonio Ng Padua Church:
- When coming from Manila, take Sta. Rosa Exit from SLEX.
- Turn right and go straight going to Nuvali / Tagaytay. A few kilometers after Adventist University of the Philippines, you will find the Philippine National Police Academy on your left (the road will widen and there’s an island along the highway).
- Some 2 kms from the PNPA entrance, you will find a Caltex station on your left. Slow down and at around 600m further down, you will then have to turn right at the street sign that says “To Silang Town Proper”.
- Just follow the road and at around 2.5kms further down, you will see San Antonio De Padua Church on your left.
San Antonio ng Padua
Pooc, Silang, Cavite
Phone: (+63 46) 414.1891
Parish Office Hours are Tuesday to Sunday, from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Fees and Inclusions
PhP 2,500 if either bride or groom is from the parish, PhP 5,500 if either bride or groom is from Cavite, PhP 10,000 for non-parishioners and non-residents of Cavite Downpayment of Php 1,000 upon reservation is required. This is non-refundable.
- Use of church for one (1) hour for the ceremony (Eucharistic Celebration/Mass) and thirty (30) minutes picture taking
- Availability of ushers and church staff (commentator and readers) if needed
- Use of six (6) chandeliers
- Sound system/CD player
- Wedding chairs with kneeler for the couple and both parents
- Quadruplicate copy of marriage contract with civil registration.
Weekdays: 8AM 10AM 2PM 4PM
Wednesday & Saturday: 8AM 10AM 2PM 6:30PM
- Birth certificate and Certificate of No Record of Marriage (CENOMAR) from NSO
- Baptismal and confirmation certificate of both parties issued/valid for 6 months with notation “For Marriage Purposes”
- I.D. pictures – 3 pieces 2×2″ and 1 piece 1×1″
- Canonical interview at least 1 month before the wedding
- Pre-Cana Seminar
- Marriage Banns posted for 3 consecutive Sundays at the couple’s respective parish
- Marriage License from the municipal office of the municipality where the groom or bride resides. (If civilly married please submit NSO copy of Marriage Contract.)
- List of entourage – please submit a copy of the complete list of names of sponsors a month before the wedding date.
- Review of marriage contract – a day before the wedding date; the couple should review the information on the marriage contract before the final printing.
Other Useful Bits Of Info:
- Yes, you may pick music for rites.
- Yes, you may invite your own priest to officiate.
- Yes, you may add or use your own decor or flowers.
- The church is not air-conditioned.
- Yes, there is ample parking. In fact, the church’s driveway may also be used for receptions provided the wedding is the last booking/event of the day.
Country Weddings Philippines is a wedding blog dedicated to the best of outdoor, out-0f-town and out-of-the-box Filipino wedding ideas. It aims to be a resource for tech-savvy soon-to-weds, to aid them in planning and putting together their dream wedding in the Philippines.